Tuesday, April 21, 2009

adam lambert disco

Adam Lambert, with his Elvis hair and suit, is singing "If I Can't Have You" from Saturday Night Fever. It's the main event we've all been waiting for on disco night -- he's in simple, soulful mode tonight.

Adam's on tonight, no silly theatrics--just his great voice, unspooling slowly and making us hear this song totally differently. He builds to the chorus, and is just wailing as the audience is shrieking. Paula is transfixed; which is a great sign, usually she's up and dancing around.

Bee Gees If I Can’t Have You lyrics and song were written by the members of the group, Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. As sung by Yvonne Elliman, the song was immortalized in the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, and as such takes its place among iconic hits of the disco era. The song was covered by Kim Wilde in 1993.

Randy loves how he can sing everything, says "you've got it majorly going on, he's a hot one tonight, America!" Kara says he's brilliant, calls it "the most memorable performance," loves the emotion, how he connected. I think she's going overboard a bit with her praise, it wasn't his best on the show ever.

Paula calls him awesome, says he'll be in the finals. Simon says you did something we weren't expecting, original -- never heard it that way before, definitely memorable. He has a lot of respect for Adam, it really comes through.

Ryan adds at the end Adam was "melting" Paula during the song.

On results night April 22, 2009 two candidates will be sent home, giving us an American Idol Top 5. We are skipping Top 6 altogether this year, due to the judges save of Matt Giraud last wek.

The judges were all pleased.


Bee Gees If I Can’t Have You Lyrics

Don’t know why I’m surviving every lonely day
When there’s got to be no chance for me
My life would end and it doesn’t matter how I cry
My tears of love are a waste of time
If I turn away am I strong enough to see it through
Go crazy is what I will do

If I can’t have you, I don’t want nobody baby
If I can’t have you ah ah, I can’t have you
I don’t want nobody baby, if I can’t have you ah ah

Can’t let go and it doesn’t matter how I try
I gave it all so easily to you my love
To dreams that never will come true
Am I strong enough to see it through
Go crazy is what I will do

More Hot Stories:
Cheerleader coach,Carlie Beck fired
american idol disco night
andrew bynum is rihanna boyfriend??

0 comments: