Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Danny Gokey “Come Rain or Come Shine”


Danny Gokey sang Come Rain or Come Shine. American Idol Top 5 performances. Rat Pack Week. April 28, 2009.

Vocally, this is very typical Danny. I do like the bridge, he gets to show off some jazzy chops on the bridge. This song seems to have about 6 notes, I think he could've picked something showier but overall it's good. There's a big stripper-music ending, I wish he had a glove to strip off a la Gilda. I am loathe to admit it, but I actually like this quite a bit.

Randy says he's the only one who could have an album of songs like that. Well, that's not true. Kris and Matt both fit in that box too, Randy. Guh. This Gokey love is kinda gross. Kara liked his "Rat Pat swagg-ah." She loved his creativity with the melody. Paula calls it stellar. Simon liked his confidence and says it was "outstanding." Is Simon padding his Finale Picks? Perhaps.

Here are the video from Danny Gokey and the lyric for the songs

Come Rain or Come Shine Lyrics

I'm gonna love you, like nobodys loved you
Come rain or come shine
High as a mountain, deep as a river
Come rain or come shine

I guess when you met me
It was just one of those things
But dont you ever bet me
cause Im gonna be true if you let me

Youre gonna love me, like nobodys loved me
Come rain or come shine
Well be happy together, unhappy together
Now wont that be just fine

The days may be cloudy or sunny
Were in or out of the money
But Im with you always
Im with you rain or shine


More Hot Stories:
Matt Giraud sings "My Funny Valentine"
wendy williams suspended

0 comments: