Wednesday, April 1, 2009

david cook tour cancel???

David Cook, last season’s “American Idol”winner and a Blue Springs native, canceled two scheduled shows this week to deal with “family matters.”

“We are canceling Monday and Tuesday’s shows to allow David time to deal with personal family matters,” an announcement posted on his official Web site read. “Please respect his privacy at this time. David would like everyone to rest assured that we are working with the universities to reschedule the shows that are missed.”

No specifics were given on the “family matters,” but Cook’s brother, Adam, has been battling advanced brain cancer. An “American Idol” representative told People magazine that Cook spent time with Adam last week.

The canceled shows were scheduled in New Hampshire and Connecticut, as part of his first tour, “The Declaration Tour,” running through October. The tour started in February to support his self-titled debut album.

Fans showed support on his Web site in response to the announcement, urging him to take as much time as he needs.

He plans to hit the road again Thursday, according to the People report. He will also appear on American Idol tonight in a pre-taped performance, according to his MySpace page.

After David spent time with brother Adam reportedly the last few days, and canceled two dates, the remainder of the tour continues as plan. Tonight Cook gave an incredible American Idol performance.

As covered earlier on LALATE, Adam has had brain cancer for a decade. David Cook canceled two shows “to deal with personal family matters.”

“David would like everyone to rest assured that we are working with the universities to reschedule the shows that are missed”.

Cook’s rep confirms he was with Adam last week. The dates were this week’s New Hampshire and Connecticut venues.

Below are upcoming tour dates. Don’t miss the incredible tour!

May 04, 2009
Athens, GA
Georgia Theater

May 05, 2009
Louisville, KY
Headliners Music Hall

May 08, 2009
Akron, Oh
Musica

May 30, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
The Patriotic Festival

June 18, 2009
Del Mar, CA
Del Mar Fairgrounds

July 27, 2009
Harrington, DE
Delaware State Fair

August 03, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
Musikfest

September 15, 2009
Allegan, MI
Allegan County Fair

October 18, 2009
Perry, GA
Georgia National Fair

David Cook ‘Come Back to Me’ Lyrics, Video


You say you got to go and find yourself
You say that you’ve become someone else
Don’t recognize the face in the mirror looking back at you

You say you’re leaving as you look away
I know there’s really nothing left to say
Just know I’m there whenever you need me, I’ll wait for you

So I’ll let you go I’ll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you
Come back to me

Take your time I won’t go anywhere
Picture you with the wind in your hair
I keep your things right where you left them I’ll be here for you

And I’ll let you go I’ll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you
Come back to me

I hope you find everything that you need
I’ll be right here waiting to see
When you find you
Come back to me

I can’t get close if you’re not there
I can’t get inside if there’s no soul to bare
I can’t fix you, I can’t save you
It’s something you have to do

So I’ll let you go I’ll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you
Come back to me

I hope you find everything that you need
I’ll be right here waiting to see
When you find you
Come back to me

other hot stories:
MTV Remembers Pedro Zamora
Former First Daughter Getting Married with Marc Mezvinsky?

0 comments: