Wednesday, April 22, 2009

susan boyle new look


Susan Boyle, the international phenomenon who captured the hearts of millions this past week after her remarkable performance on the hit UK reality show Britain's Got Talent, has received more attention for her frumpy wardrobe and less-than-impressive style than she has for her vocal talent.

While record companies scramble to put together contracts for this budding musician, makeup companies, hair salons and couture clothing stores are grasping for the opportunity to cash in on this woman's fame.

Since her appearance on the show, Susan has been approached by many makeover companies to update her look and turn this plain Jane into a Hollywood hottie (on the house, of course). Despite many offers, Boyle has politely declined.

But why - when so many people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to look and feel great - would Susan turn down the opportunity to get special treatment for free? Well, Boyle seems to think she's just fine the way she is:

"Why should it matter as long as I can sing? It's not a beauty contest," Susan told the London Times this week. "Maybe I'll consider a makeover later on. For now I'm happy the way I am – short and plump. I would not go in for Botox or anything like that. I'm content with the way I look. What's wrong with looking like Susan Boyle? What's the matter with that?"

However,Susan Boyle look like went shopping.

On Tuesday, the famously frumpy Britain's Got Talent singer, 48, stepped out in a new patterned dress, leather-look jacket and, yes, high heels, the British Daily Mail points out. Her bushy browns have also gone bye-bye.

Boyle never ruled out amping up her look ever since she reached international fame for her touching performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables.

"Maybe I'll consider a makeover later on," she told the London Times on Saturday. "For now I'm happy the way I am — short and plump. I would not go in for Botox or anything like that. I'm content with the way I look. What's wrong with looking like Susan Boyle? What's the matter with that?"

Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden has been against Boyle getting a makeover, saying that that Scottish singing sensation "needs to stay exactly as she is because that's the reason we love her."

Holden recently told the U.K. Mirror, "The minute we turn her into a glamour-puss is when it's spoiled."

Do you like Susan's new duds?

More Hot Stories:
britains got talent :12 year old boy
Paula Abdul planning to leave 'American Idol'???

0 comments: